So, about 4:00 am Katelyn woke up crying.
She woke up Sunday morning (2X) because of nightmares. Naturally I assumed this was the same reasoning. NEVER ASSUME. (I should print that on a sign and put it around my house to remind me of the ever changing world of parenthood.)
This morning she kept saying her ear hurt. Brian brought her to me and I snuggled with her in bed. She tossed and turned on the pillow, then on my arm, and what do you know the place she found most comfortable was with the pillow on my stomach and her body laying between my legs. It was kinda cute...except that I couldn't turn over. Finally she fell asleep.
The next time she woke up crying I gave her some acetaminophen to help her feel better. She was fine until about 1:00 pm. She brought up her ear again and was refusing to eat. I was convinced. We went to the local doctor and filled out all the paperwork to get her in. I was fully expecting someone who normally does "immediate care."
In came the doctor (who knows Brian's family and Bri's lightning history) to take care of Katelyn. I was really impressed that he would do instant care for her little ear ache.
He also was very clear and knew what he was talking about. He answered my questions and didn't talk down to me just because I'm a mom. He used correct terminology and explained it in layman's terms as well.
After her checkup he gave her a sucker (bright blue tongue) and a sticker from "Cars" so that she would be happier. He went one step further and gave me two free ice cream cone certificates for the local Arctic Circle.
Sometimes I get frustrated with general practitioners. This one knew his stuff and was prepared to make us as satisfied as possible.
That was cool. We will definitely go back to him in the future.
Very, very nice. Always good to talk to objective doctors.
ReplyDeleteHe was also very friendly. Good bedside manner with the kidlets.
ReplyDelete